Many of the decisions made on Capitol Hill directly affect the real estate industry; therefore, it is important that REALTORS® sound their voice regarding industry-related topics and issues. RPAC is the number one trade association political action committee in the nation contributing over $12 million to pro-REALTOR® Congress candidates in the last election. RPAC is the only political group in the country organized for REALTORS®, run by REALTORS®, and exists solely to further issues important to REALTORS®.
There are many political issues in which NAR advocates on behalf of REALTORS® because of the affect each issue may have on REALTORS®, home buyers, and private property owners. The full list can be viewed on the Political Advocacy page at the NAR website.
Programs and Initiatives
More information regarding these programs can be found on the Government Affairs page at REALTOR.org
How You Can Get Involved
- An easy way to keep up-to-date on NAR’s political actions is to subscribe to Eye on Washington, NAR’s e-newsletter regarding government news and NAR action, which can be found at REALTOR.org
- An easy way to keep up-to-date on what’s happening on Capitol Hill regarding real estate is to subscribe to The Washington Report, another NAR e-newsletter regarding government news, which can be found at REALTOR.org
- Subscribe to The Weekly Report, which combines multiple e-newsletters, including The Washington Report and the REALTOR® Benefits Program newsletter into one, customizeable e-newsletter.
- Read the Political Advocacy page to learn about the issues and where NAR stands.
- Check out The Letter of the Law, which is updated frequently with real estate law-related articles.
- Join the RPAC Committee at GSSBR – the only political group in the country organized and run by REALTORS®
- Know what the issues are - visit the State Issues Tracker page
- Donate to RPAC – your contributions go toward candidates on state and national levels who support home ownership and the real estate business.