Social Media Information
Doing business through social media and networking is growing. Between Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more it may seem difficult to navigate your way through this field. Check out the information below that will help you find your way through the social media maze.
Use of Social Media in the Real Estate Business - must log in at REALTOR.org to view
Social Media for REALTORS®: 101 Do’s and Dont's – reference guide available for purchase through REALTOR.org
Social Media Basics
- 6 realities of doing business on the social web, (REALTOR® Magazine, Sept. 2009)
- Get real results from social networking, (REALTOR® Magazine Daily News Online, May 13, 2009)
- 5 ways to master social networking, (REALTOR® Magazine, Apr. 2009)
- The new world of social media, (Houston REALTOR® Online, Mar. 2009)
- Social networking and the new real estate sphere of influence, (RISMedia, Feb. 24, 2009)
- How to build your real estate business using social networking sites, (RISMedia, Jan. 6, 2009)
Social Media Sites
- Facebook: "Facebook is a social utility that connects you with the people around you."
- Twitter: Status updates in 140 characters or less. Short and sweet way to reach tons of people!
- LinkedIn: "LinkedIn is an online network of more than 20 million experienced professionals from around the world, representing 150 industries. When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your professional accomplishments. You can add more connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you."
- Google+: Post pictures and statues, have virtual "hangouts". Separate the many groups in your life into as many categories as you need.
- Pinterest: a virtual sharing pinboard - great for open house/new listing flyers
- ActiveRain: "Our goal is to create a valuable resource of information and ideas for real estate professionals and their clients. We aim to help empower people by providing tools to help promote business and connect with peers all over the country."
- MySpace: "Create a private community on MySpace and you can share photos, journals and interests with your growing network of mutual friends."
- Ning: "Ning is the only online service where you can create, customize, and share your own Social Network for free in seconds."
- Real Town: "RealTown is the oldest and most respected real estate network featuring a variety of online communities as well as a wealth of community created content."